My new life, wearing a hijab

I decided to write down, whenever I can, about my new life. My new life contains the hijaab. Before this new life started, I only wore a hijaab whenever I needed to pray... It became a part of my silhouette exactly 3 weeks ago...

For now, I will write about the current and give you insight on my daily struggles. When I have not so much to tell you, I will tell you more about the path that has led me to this point.

Last Sunday my sister in law told my father in law that he should become my sponsor for buying new clothes.
My wardrobe is for 95% useless since I wear the hijaab. So my new items that I had bought recently are just hanging there in my closet. I was really looking forward to wear them, after I had recovered from my pregnancy shape. It was not meant to be to wear them outside. But I don't mind, I have another (and much better reason) to wear them now ... for my husband ❤️

My father in law had told me 3 years ago, before I got married, that he would be so happy seeing me wearing the hijaab. I had given it some thought then, but I guess it was not meant to be and I was not ready for it. Now I am!

He was the first one (after a good friend) to see me, on Facetime, wearing the hijaab outside my house. I felt his happiness straight trough the phone. He was thrilled!

We are going through a somewhat financial rough patch, so I do not have the luxury to buy new clothes for myself. I try to mix and match my old clothes, this tires me a lot. Because the way I mix and wear my clothes is not my style. I don't feel me anymore. At the same time I don't really care. I am covering myself for Allah's sake, nothing less and nothing more than that...

My father in law told me yesterday that I should tell him which day I am available to go shopping together ❤️

Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will substitute him with something better...

Comments